Apache James Server 3.4.0
September 05, 2019
The Apache James developers are pleased to announce James server 3.4.0 release.
Here are some points we worked on:
- Add in-memory docker image
- Support of AWS S3 as blobstore
- WebAdmin routes for mapping management (
ListMappings), previously only manageable by CLI
- Metrics for Deleted Message Vault
- More metrics for BlobStore (new delete & deleteBucket configuration)
- (experimental) New implementation of the deleted message vault on top of an object store, not relying anymore on a repository. This avoids exposing messages via webAdmin. Messages previously stored in the vault will be lost.
- Migration to ElasticSearch 6.3
- Blob export to LinShare
- Native DKIM support for outgoing mails. The mailets from james-jdkim have been included in main James project.
- Zookeeper component. This will be removed after 3.4 release. If you have development skills, and are willing to maintain this component, please reach us.
- Karaf OSGi implementation. It was not compiled nor tested for a year. We didn’t get any feedback about that and we don’t have the resources nor the skills to maintain it any more.