James stands for Java Apache Mail Enterprise Server!
It has a modular architecture based on a rich set of modern and efficient components which provides at the end complete, stable, secure and extendable Mail Servers running on the JVM.
Create your own personal solution of emails treatment by assembling the components you need thanks to the Inversion of Control mail platform offered and go further customizing filtering and routing rules using James Mailet Container.
James from a technical point of viewComplete portability (100% pure JVM: Java & Scala)
Built with Java 11 and running on the Java RE 11.
- Emailing protocols: SMTP, LMTP, POP3, IMAP, ManageSieve, JMAP
- Mailet container: independent, extensible and pluggable email processing agents
- Storage API: Mailbox API / Search API / User API
- Storage Implementations: Cassandra / PostgreSQL / HSQLDB / MySQL / ElasticSearch...
- Administration: JMX / REST / Command Line
- James Core
james general architecture
using james as smtp relay
using james as an imap server
Your James server can also be used as Mail Transfer Agent, by enabling only SMTP or as a IMAP Mail Delivery Agent.
Click here to see how-tos for some James features